Pi4J Version 1.0 Release
The much anticipated Version 1.0 of the Pi4J Library is finally released!
The road to release 1.0 has been a long one, but 1.0 offers many new features, bug fixes and improved stability over the earlier releases. We feel that the project has been in incubation long enough and is ready for an official 1.0 launch.
Pi4J Version 1.0 is also available in Maven Central. <<View in Maven Central>>
Notable Version 1.0 Changes:
- Released under GNU LGPLv3 license.
- Added support for RaspberryPi v2 Model B
- Added support for RaspberryPi Model A+
- Added support for RaspberryPi Model B+
- Added support for RaspberryPi Compute Module
- Added support for debounce logic on digital input pin events
- Added support for Button component interface
- Added support for Pibrella device
- Added support for SPI modes
- Added support for building pi4j-native project directly on the Pi (using maven)
- Added easy install/uninstall scripts (get.pi4j.com)
- Added APT package and repository support (repository.pi4j.com)
- Simplified native library loader to find embedded hard-float native lib
- Fixed JDK8 build errors.
- Removed support (and complicated builds) for soft-float ABI
- Updated documentation in preparation for 1.0 release
- Cleaned up build
- Enhancements Added: https://github.com/Pi4J/pi4j/issues?q=label%3Aenhancement+is%3Aclosed+milestone%3A%22RELEASE+1.0%22+
- Bugs/Defects Fixed: https://github.com/Pi4J/pi4j/issues?q=label%3Abug+is%3Aclosed+milestone%3A%22RELEASE+1.0%22+
Thank You to all the Pi4J users, contributors, testers, and tinkerers for all your help and support to continue making Pi4J the go-to library for Java access to the Raspberry Pi's hardware interfaces.
Pi4J Related Links: